Home Screensavers American Airlines

Latest Downloads

Similar Screensavers

---

Screensavers

File: American Airlines

scr.png
Uploaded:
07.03.13
Modified:
07.03.13
File Size:
1 MB
Downloads:
435
Version
3.0

American AirlinesAmerican Airlines, Inc. (AA) is a major U.S. airline owned by AMR Corporation, headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas.

AMERICAN AIRLINES THEMED WEB SEARCH

It operates an extensive international and domestic network, with scheduled flights throughout North America, the Caribbean, South America, Europe, and Asia/Pacific. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is the airline's largest hub, with American Airlines and AMR's regional carrier American Eagle accounting for about 85% of the traffic and 83% of the landing fees at the airport and traveling to more destinations than from its other hubs. The airline operates maintenance bases at Tulsa (TUL) and Fort Worth Alliance (AFW); the latter was announced to close by December 2012.

Its name notwithstanding, American Airlines is not a flag carrier, as that term is generally used in commercial aviation. Its subsidiary shares its name with American Eagle, and operates much of the regional carrier's flights; since November 2012, the subsidiaries of SkyWest, Inc., SkyWest Airlines and ExpressJet Airlines, have also operated regional flights as American Eagle. In addition, AmericanConnection is the regional brand for codeshare flights currently operated by Chautauqua Airlines.

In November 2011, AMR Corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Chairman and CEO Gerard Arpey stepped down and was replaced by company president Thomas W. Horton. In February 2013, American Airlines and US Airways announced plans to merge, creating the largest airline in the world. In the deal, which is expected to close in the third quarter of 2013, shareholders of AMR will own 72% of the company and US Airways shareholders will own the remaining 28%. The combined airline will carry the American Airlines name and branding; the new publicly traded holding company will be called American Airlines Group Inc.

On February 14, 2013, American Airlines and US Airways Group officially announced that the two companies would merge to form the largest airline in the world. In the deal, which is expected to close in the third quarter of 2013, bondholders of American Airlines' parent AMR will own 72% of the new company and US Airways shareholders will own the remaining 28%. The combined airline will carry the American Airlines name and branding, while US Airways' management team, including CEO Doug Parker, will retain most operational management positions. The headquarters for the new airline will be consolidated at American's current headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. The merger will create the world's largest airline, which, along with United Airlines and Delta Air Lines, will control three-quarters of the U.S. market.

AAdvantage is the frequent flyer program of American Airlines. Launched May 1, 1981, it was the second such loyalty program in the world (after the first at Texas International Airlines in 1979), and remains the largest with more than 67 million members as of October 2011.

Miles accumulated in the program allow members to redeem tickets, upgrade service class, or obtain free or discounted car rentals, hotel stays, merchandise, or other products and services through partners. The most active members, based on the amount and price of travel booked, are designated AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, and AAdvantage Executive Platinum elite members, with privileges such as separate check-in, priority upgrade and standby processing, or free upgrades. They also receive similar privileges from AA's partner airlines, particularly those in Oneworld. AAdvantage co-branded credit cards are also available and offer other benefits. These cards are issued by CitiCards, subsidiary of Citigroup.

TAGS:
Free American Airlines Screensaver
Free American Airlines Aircraft Screensaver
Free American Airlines Airplanes Screensaver
Free AA Screensaver
American Screensaver
American Airlines Screensaver
American Airlines Aircraft Screensaver
American Airlines Airplanes Screensaver
AA Screensaver
American Screensaver
Free American Airlines Screen saver
Free American Airlines Aircraft Screen saver
Free American Airlines Airplanes Screen saver
Free AA Screen saver
American Screen saver
American Airlines Screen saver
American Airlines Aircraft Screen saver
American Airlines Airplanes Screen saver
AA Screen saver
American Screen saver



 

You Might Like

---

Awards

Famous Software Download