- Fast & Furious 6 (2013.05.25)
- Bentley Continental (2013.05.09)
- Nat Geo Photographs (2013.05.01)
- Nat Geo Animals (2013.05.01)
- Gold (2013.05.01)
- Frost (2013.05.01)
- Emeralds (2013.05.01)
- Diamonds (2013.05.01)
- Grimm (2013.05.01)
- Oblivion (2013.04.26)
- Iron Man 3 (2013.04.26)
- Subway Surfers (2013.04.11)
- BioShock (2013.04.11)
- Earth From Space (2013.04.11)
- Mickey Mouse (2013.04.10)
- White Walkers (2013.04.10)
- Revolution (2013.04.10)
- Justified (2013.04.10)
- 11 Dr Who (2013.04.10)
- Bernardo Velasco (2013.04.01)
- Hummingbirds (2013.03.25)
- OSS 117 (2013.03.25)
- Sony Awards 2013 (2013.03.25)
- Joss Stone (2013.03.25)
- Union Bordeaux Begles (2013.03.25)
- Stade Toulousain (2013.03.25)
- Stade Francais Paris (2013.03.25)
- Racing Metro (2013.03.25)
- RC Toulonnais (2013.03.25)
- Montpellier Herault (2013.03.25)
Lawless is a 2012 Prohibition-era gangster film directed by John Hillcoat based on the novel The Wettest County in the World about Franklin County, Virginia, by Matt Bondurant, which was adapted into a screenplay by Nick Cave.
It stars Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Mia Wasikowska, Jessica Chastain, Jason Clarke and Guy Pearce. The film competed for the Palme d'Or at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.
Three brothers find their bootlegging business under threat in Prohibition-era in Franklin County, Virginia by authorities who want in on their profits. The story is based on Matt Bondurant's grandfather and great-uncles.
Originally titled The Wettest County in The World, the film's title was briefly changed to The Promised Land, before eventually reverting back to Wettest County. Although intended to begin shooting in February 2010, it was reported in January that the project had fallen apart as a result of financing problems.
The indie studio Sony Red Wagon Entertainment decided to pick up the project. In December 2010, it was reported that LaBeouf would remain on board and Tom Hardy would step in as Forrest. Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska, Jason Clarke, Dane DeHaan, Guy Pearce, Gary Oldman and Randall Franks also joined the cast. Filming began on February 28, 2011 in various locations near Atlanta, Georgia, including Newnan, Grantville, Haralson, LaGrange, and Carroll County's McIntosh Park.
In March 2011, Momentum Pictures and its parent company Alliance Films acquired the U.K. and Canadian distribution rights. In May 2011, the Weinstein Company bought the U.S. distribution rights, with a wide release expected. In March 2012, the title was changed to Lawless.
Screenwriter Nick Cave also scored the film with Warren Ellis.